Aviation Press Releases
June 28, 2011
Sky Harbor Offers Parking Deal Entire Month of July
Phoenix, AZ – Sky Harbor is offering close, covered parking at a 40% discount the entire month of July. Travelers who download a free coupon at skyharbor.com may park in any of the terminal garages for a maximum of $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25 per day. Click here for more information.
This means no waiting for buses - just drive to the terminal, park, and walk right to the ticket counter or security checkpoint. It only takes one coupon and the discount is good July 1 – July 31.
July is one of the busiest travel months of the year at Sky Harbor. If you’re traveling this summer, the Airport offers the following tips:
- Do NOT arrive at the last minute. Get to Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking or checking bags.
- If you’re planning to park, visit skyharbor.com/parking for options, price and space availability. You may also call our 24-hour parking hotline 602-273-4545.
- Save time: check in on-line and print your boarding pass before coming to the Airport.
- If you have questions about security screening, visit tsa.gov or contact the Transportation Security Administration at: 866-289-9673, or TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- Most liquids and gels brought through the checkpoint must be in 3 oz containers or less. Bring a zip top bag to consolidate small quantities of liquids. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed only at the discretion of TSA screeners.
- Wear shoes that are easy to remove at the checkpoint.
- Remove large electronics from your carry-on bags and place them in their own TSA bin.
- Have your claim check or ID ready at baggage claim when you return to Phoenix so that if you are approached by staff, you won’t be delayed looking for this information.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.