Helpful Hints for Your Spring Break Travel
Spring training games. Golf. Sightseeing. Sunshiny skies. There are many reasons travelers venture to Arizona for their spring break vacations. And, many from Arizona will travel to other destinations for their spring break travels. As this time of year nears, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport will become extremely busy. It is important that travelers give themselves enough time and follow some helpful tips in order to make sure their travel experience is as seamless as possible.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport®, has the following travel advice:
- Make sure you have all of your travel documents in order and check to make sure that the name matches on your travel documents to your ID.
- Be sure to check your flight status before coming to the Airport.
- If you plan to park at the Airport, there is a 24-hour parking hotline where you can talk to a parking office employee for directions and availability. Call (602) 273-4545.
- If you are flying domestically, plan on arriving at the Airport at least 2 hours prior to flight departure. If you are flying internationally, arrive at least 3 hours prior.
- Be aware of the TSA’s regulations for what you can and cannot carry-on as well as the procedure for going through the security checkpoint. Visit the TSA Web site for more information.
- Sky Harbor has many food and shopping options. If you have a long flight, you may want to consider bringing some food on-board the plane. The Airport offers a variety of options on both sides of security for your enjoyment.
Also, if you plan to rent a car while you are in the Phoenix area, please make sure that you make your reservations in advance as this is an extremely busy time for rental car companies. For the best price and selection, plan ahead!
Not renting a car and want to use public transportation to get into town? No problem. Why not ride the METRO Light Rail to and from the Airport. It is super easy – just ride the free black and silver bus between the Airport and the 44th Street and Washington METRO light rail station. You can take METRO light rail between Sky Harbor and downtown Phoenix, Tempe or Mesa. ASU student travelers can ride METRO light rail from campus to Sky Harbor. It’s easy and inexpensive. To find out more, click here.
There are many other important travel tips to help you get ready for your journey. To find out more, click here.
Whether you are traveling to PHX for your Spring Break experience or traveling from PHX, we hope you enjoy your trip and your experience at America’s Friendliest Airport®.