Helpful Travel Tips for Memorial Day Weekend
Traveling for Memorial Day? If so, you will want to check out the following travel tips which will help make your journey a little bit easier.
- Do NOT arrive at the last minute. Get to the Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking or checking bags.
- Have questions about where to park? Visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot for options, price and space availability. Or, call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545. And, if you park in East Economy, look for a sign at the bus stop and scan the QR Code with your smartphone to be sent a text or email reminder of where you parked.
- Visit skyharbor.com on your smartphone or tablet to access our mobile website to find out what food and shops are near your gate as well as other Airport information.
- Most liquids and gels brought through the checkpoint must be in 3 oz containers or less. Bring a zip top bag to consolidate small quantities of liquids. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed only at the discretion of TSA screeners.
- Wear shoes that are easy to remove at the checkpoint.
- Remove large electronics from your carry-on bags and place them in their own TSA bin.
- Have more questions about security screening? Contract the Transportation Security Administration at: 866-289-9673, www.tsa.gov or TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.
Finally, if you are planning to park at the Airport this holiday weekend, remember that Sky Harbor is offering a coupon for 40% off terminal garage parking from May 24-31. Download the coupon from skyharbor.com or show it on your mobile device and you can park in the terminal garage for just $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25. This means no waiting for buses - just drive to your terminal, park, and walk right to the ticket counter or security checkpoint. Get your parking coupon now
Published: May 21, 2012