Spring Means Busy Times at Sky Harbor
March is the busiest travel time at Sky Harbor. Due to spring travel, America’s Friendliest Airport® has some important travel tips to make your journey as smooth as possible.
- Arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
- For updated information on parking lot and garage availability, visit www.skyharbor/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
- Take advantage of our 40% off coupon for terminal garage parking.
- Wherever you go in the country, reserve your rental car in advance to ensure availability.
- Remember before you come to the Airport, always look through your purse, briefcase and other carry-ons to ensure you don’t have weapons or other items prohibited past security.
- Liquids and gels must be in 3 oz containers or less for carry-on bags use a zip top bag to conveniently carry your items. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed at the discretion of TSA screeners. Visit www.tsa.gov or contact TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov or 866-289-9673 for questions.
- Visit skyharbor.com on your smart-phone to access our mobile website to find out what food and shops are near your gate as well as other Airport information.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.
For additional travel tips, please visit our Travel Tips section.
Published March 4, 2013